Bring your own phone to the affordable-plan party.
Keep the phone you know and love on an affordable plan you’ll love even more, starting from $28/mo. Plus, you get Member Benefits and the best customer service in Canada.
CALL TO ORDER
We make BYOP as easy as 1-2-3.
Value-packed and affordable - sounds like our monthly plans were made for your phone.
Choose a bring-your-own-phone plan.
We’ll automatically add a Virgin Mobile SIM card to your cart (on us).
Insert your SIM card (we activated it for you!) into your phone when it arrives.
One-time connection service fee ($45) applies on new activations.
Pro tip: shop online and skip the fee!
And if you’re looking to bring your phone on one of our Prepaid plans, click here.
Already have a SIM card?
Here’s how you activate it.
For monthly plans, call 1-888-999-2321.
For prepaid plans, head to virginmobile.ca/activate
The cherry on top? Member Benefits.
Which means deals and discounts in food, fashion, entertainment, and more. Just for being with us.Learn more about Member Benefits
Got Questions? We Can Help.
I want to bring my own phone and keep my existing number. What do I do?
Love your current phone and number? You can bring both of 'em to Virgin Mobile - all you need is a Virgin Mobile SIM card. Head to a Virgin Mobile Store or order your new SIM card online and we'll get you hooked up.
What you need to know before transferring:
- Check if your current phone is compatible with our network. If your phone isn't compatible, then we've got the phones you really want.
- If your phone is currently locked, it needs to be unlocked. Find out how to unlock your phone.
- Don't deactivate your mobile phone number! We'll take care of that for you. If you deactivate it first, then we won't be able to move your number over.
- The name on your new Virgin Mobile account has to match the name on your old provider's account exactly for us to be able to bring your number over.
- Make sure you have the following to complete the transfer:
- Your account number with your old provider.
- Your phone's serial number (the ESN/SIM/MEID/IMEI number, depending on the type of phone you have)
I want to bring my own phone but need a new number. What do I do?
If you have your own phone and want to get a new phone number with Virgin Mobile all you need is a Virgin Mobile SIM card.
You've got two ways to get it:
If you already have a Virgin Mobile SIM card you just need to activate it.
You've got two ways to get it:
What does unlocking a phone mean?
Good question. Mobile companies "lock" their phones so that they'll only work with SIM cards hooked up to their company's network. Switching this up so that a phone can work with any SIM card is called "unlocking".
I want to unlock my phone. What do I do?
Right now, we can't unlock the phone for you. You could ask to get it unlocked from the original company you bought it from or from a third-party store that offers unlocking. Don't forget that unlocking a phone could void its manufacturer's warranty.
- Where can I activate my new SIM card?
- Can I travel with my SIM card and how much will it cost me?
Will my phone work on the Virgin Mobile network?
While we can't guarantee that a non-Virgin Mobile phone will work, 100%, you can check if your current phone is compatible with our network.
Be extra careful when getting a new phone from an unauthorized retailer or a private seller. Any non-Virgin Mobile phone needs to be unlocked, and any phone that's already been reported as lost or stolen might be blacklisted. And that means it won't have access to the Virgin Mobile network. Check the status of your phone
Also any phone with a tampered serial number may be exposed to being blacklisted by another party. Virgin Mobile's Terms of Service prohibits tampering with a serial number (or IMEI).Find out how you can protect yourself from phone theft.
Shop online and save.
We’ll waive the $45 connection fee plus you’ll get a $100 bill credit. Available on new smartphone activations on plans $45/mo. and up.
Free shipping anywhere in Canada.
Speedy delivery in 2 business days in select regions.
Free returns with our 15-day You'll Love Us Guarantee.