To see what Virgin Mobile's been getting up to lately, check out the media releases below. If you're a media pro and need to get in touch with us, give our Press Team a shout at 416-643-6746.
Form, Function & Fashion Meet with the Sony Xperia® T3 Smartphone
TORONTO (ONTARIO) July 30, 2014
Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today introduced the Xperia® T3, an ultra-slim, stylish and affordable Android smartphone crafted for those looking to stand out from the crowd. Xperia T3 will be available across Canada from Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile, Sasktel and in Sony Stores starting in August 2014. The Xperia T3 is a lightweight, elegant handset crafted with a stainless steel frame and industry-leading Sony technology.
“The Xperia T3 is a striking yet affordable device built for those who have an eye for distinctive designs and appreciate standing out from the crowd,” said Tim Hernquist, VP Marketing North America, Sony Mobile Communications. “Refined with Sony’s powerful digital imaging expertise and a stunning HD display, the Xperia T3 has everything you need in a smartphone and is loaded with Xperia camera apps that allows customers to get more out of their photos and videos.”
Built with premium materials, form and function come together for the Xperia T3, a light-weight smartphone that weighs a mere 148 grams. With Sony’s BRAVIA technology, the handset has an impressive 5.3” HD TRILUMINOS™ Display allowing users to see things how they should be seen. It brings a wide range of natural colours leaving a sharp, clear and vivid HD display that provides a viewing experience from different angles.
The Xperia T3 is packed with Cyber-shot leading camera expertise and comes with an 8MP camera featuring Exmor RS™, HDR and SteadyShot™ for mobile, allowing users to take exceptional photographs and record video in the challenging lighting conditions and terrains that are smooth and distortion-free.
Get more out of your photos and videos with the dedicated and pre-loaded Sony Xperia camera apps. Take advantage of the opportunities to enhance your photographs to be enjoyed and shared socially with peers:
- AR Effect – Switch your camera to AR effect mode to add new sound effects and fun animations to your photos and videos, before you capture your shot. Ranging from dinosaurs to ocean-life, these fully customisable themes can be easily edited as you go.
- Timeshift Burst – If you’re afraid you’re going to be too late on the shutter, don’t be. Timeshift Burst takes 31 frames within just two seconds. Starting even before you press the shutter, Timeshift Burst can make sure you capture the perfect picture.
- Creative Effects – To give your pictures an artistic edge apply a wide selection of looks to your photos and videos with creative effects; change colours, add image trails or apply mirror effects. Available in real-time for video, these adjustment enhance your clips and open up a world of possibilities.
- Portrait Retouch - Style your close-ups. Portrait Retouch makes sure you’re always captured looking your best with features including real-time makeup, deco frame and other options. You can also see changes in real time, before capturing the shot to ensure a photogenic finish.
With the Sony Xperia T3, customers will have access to an entertainment offer that includes a free trial of Music Unlimited services. Enjoy millions of songs on the go, even offline while traveling, commuting or at the gym.1
Sony Xperia T3 Key Features:
- 5.3-inch HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- LTE, Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor with 1GB RAM, and 8 GB flash memory
- Large 2500 mAh battery with Battery STAMINA mode
- Sony Xperia T3 will launch on Android 4.4 (Kit Kat).
- Available in black, white and purple colours. Check with your carrier for colour availability.
- Unlocked version will be available in Canada from Sony Stores.
The Sony Xperia T3 will be available at Bell stores, Virgin Mobile stores, SaskTel stores, Sony Stores, The Source locations as well as select national retailers and online.
For more details, visit www.sonymobile.com/ca-en/products/phones/xperia-t3/
1. Promotion will vary by carrier. Check with your carrier for exact terms and conditions.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
NATIONAL Public Relations for Sony Mobile in Canada
About Sony Mobile Communications
Sony Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, a leading global innovator of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Through its Xperia™ smartphone and tablet portfolio, as well as innovative SmartWear products, Sony Mobile Communications delivers the best of Sony technology, premium content and services, and easy connectivity to Sony’s world of networked entertainment experiences. For more information: www.sonymobile.com
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market. 3) Icons displayed are for illustrative purposes only. The homescreen may appear different in your product. Some features may not be available in your country or area.
“Sony”, “WALKMAN”, “VAIO”, “Cyber-shot”, “Handycam”, “α”, “BRAVIA”, “X-Reality”, “BIONZ”, “SteadyShot”, “TRILUMINOS” and “S-Force Front Surround” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Corporation. “Xperia” is a registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/trademarks-and-copyright/
Get in touch