To see what Virgin Mobile's been getting up to, check out the media releases below. If you’re media and looking to get in touch, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First ever Virgin Festival Nova Scotia gets ready to rock!
HALIFAX, (NOVA SCOTIA) June 25, 2009
In just over a week, Halifax’s CITADEL HILL will be home to one of the biggest musical festivals in the world – Virgin Festival! And today the news has broken that not only has Halifax alt rock band DOG DAY been added to the inaugural festival line-up, but the all important festival set times for the Festival on JULY 4, 2009 have been released!
Today’s latest addition to the line-up, DOG DAY, will kick things off at 2 p.m. and iconic Canadian rock band THE TRAGICALLY HIP will start wrapping things when their set starts at 9:05 p.m.! In between you can get down to punk rock legends THE OFFSPRING, new wave indie specialists METRIC, alt rockers DINOSAUR JR., Montréal-based indie favourites PLANTS AND ANIMALS, Hamilton rockers ARKELLS, Newfoundland’s own indie rockers HEY ROSETTA!, Montreal indie rockers HANDSOME FURS and Halifax faves IN FLIGHT SAFETY!
But if moshing all day isn’t your thing then don’t worry! From burlesque pole dancing lessons to graf artists spraying original works of art, to chilling out on the Bacardi Breezer dock, the entire festival-site will be jam-packed with one-of-a-kind surprises to keep you entertained during the sets. Oh and did we forget to mention the yoga and Thai massages we’re giving out too??!!
“Make sure you mark Saturday, July 4 down in your diary! When Virgin Festival rolls into town you don’t want to be out-of town!” said Andrew Bridge, Director of Virgin Festivals. “We’ve got so much to keep festival-goers going including a host of hot, hot talent to a multitude of cool experiences that if you’re thinking of missing out and staying at home to wash your hair then don’t…you’ll never forgive yourself…and neither will we!”
Don’t Call It A Concert
Virgin Festival is known for delivering a ton of mind-blowing experiences. This year Halifax won’t be any different, with Virgin Festival cooking up an incredible batch of on-site goodies:
- Get your zen on – Tired music lovers can relax with some yoga or get a Thai massage in the Vendor Village.
- Bring a pen… or a body part - Lucky fans can rub shoulders with their fave artists at the Virgin Mobile Autograph Tent and take home a little signed souvenir to show off.
- Get artsy - Music isn’t the only art going down at Virgin Festival. If your ears need a rest, then you can always feast your eyes on some awesome art that will be on display around the Festival.
- “Whatcha gonna do with all that junk?” - Music lovers with energy to spare can channel their inner exhibitionist and work out with burlesque pole dancing lessons.
- Shhhhhhhhh – Music festivals are supposed to be loud, but if people need a little peace and quiet to make a quick call, then Virgin Mobile Silencer Booths will be set up around the Festival for a short escape
- Lookin’ good! – You can’t go to a festival without the latest styles and accessories. To glam up at Virgin Festival, be sure to stop by for a haircut and henna tattoos in the Vendor Village.
- You wanna win a trip to V-Fest UK! - Heating things up even more, Virgin Mobile guitar picks will be handed out over the entire weekend for a chance to win tickets, flights, accommodation, and spending money to V.Festival U.K. in 2010!
Check out www.virginfestival.ca for further details on all these experiences.
Calling On Angels
Everyone needs a helping hand now and then, and Virgin Mobile Angels will be on site to make sure that everyone has a great time. If anyone stubs their toe, can’t find the beer tent, or just needs to see a smiling face, the Virgin Mobile Angels will be able to lend a hand to make sure everyone gets taken care of. Plus the Angels will be armed with Samsung VICE™ phones to loan out if people need to make a quick call…even if it’s to your mum.
General ticket sales for one-day and VIP tickets are available at the door, in person at The Halifax Metro Centre Box Office, Atlantic Superstore and Future Shop (208 Chain Lake Drive), online at www.ticketatlantic.com or www.futureshop.ca and by calling (902) 451-1221. Ticket information is also available at www.virginfestival.ca.
One-day tickets are $75.50 (including all sales taxes, $9.50 Service Charge and a $1 donation to Virgin Unite Canada).
Want to put some VIP into your Virgin Festival experience? Kick it up a notch and party like a rock star in the Louder Lounge. This exclusive VIP area is stuffed with comfy lounge chairs, cabanas, drinks, and food to keep you relaxed and fueled up. Plus, you never know who you might rub shoulders with. Plus you get a front of the line entrance to the Festival, shorter washroom line ups, and a Festival merchandise discount. Get all the details at virginfestival.ca. VIP tickets can be yours for $160.50 (including all sales taxes, $9.50 Service Charge, and a $1 donation to Virgin Unite Canada).
About Virgin Mobile
The Virgin Mobile group of companies has attracted more than 12 million customers worldwide. As the No.1 mobile youth network, Virgin Mobile Canada's mission is to be Canada’s most loved mobile company. Its simpler, better deals offer customers control, flexibility and choice to design mobile packages that truly works for them. J.D. Power and Associates ranked Virgin Mobile highest in customer satisfaction with prepaid wireless service for four years in a row and 91% of customers would recommend Virgin Mobile to a friend.
Virgin Mobile phones are available at more than 4,000 locations with top-up cards available at more than 10,000 locations nationally. Virgin Mobile products can also be purchased online at www.virginmobile.ca or by calling 1-888-999-2321.
Gillett Entertainment Group (GEG) is one of the top entertainment promoters in the world. In 2008, GEG finished in 10th position amongst the top concert promoters around the world and Bell Centre was ranked third in America (according to Pollstar magazine), reaching out to 1.5 million fans thanks to over 638 shows that were presented across Quebec, the Maritimes and Vermont.
For more information on Virgin Festival please contact:
Hill & Knowlton Canada
For more information on GEG please contact:
Gillett Entertainment Group
Get in touch