To see what Virgin Mobile's been getting up to, check out the media releases below. If you’re media and looking to get in touch, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eight more hot acts added to Virgin Festival Montréal!
MONTREAL (Quebec) May 27, 2009
The buzz is getting louder for the first ever Virgin Festival Montréal. The weekend is getting closer and today eight more sensational acts were added. It all goes down at Parc Jean-Drapeau – Île Ste-Héléne on Friday, June 19 and Saturday, June 20, 2009.
Joining the already sizzling line-up on day one are pop folk singer-songwriter CARLY RAE JEPSON, R&B poppers STEREOS and Juno Award-nominee R&B singer KREESHA TURNER. On day two the new additions are all-male hip hop dance troupe JABBAWOCKEEZ, singer-songwriter JESSE MCCARTNEY, Juno and MMVA-nominated soul/fusion singer-songwriter KARL WOLF, Montréal-based rock singer-songwriter DAVID USHER and Mont-Royal singer JONATHAN ROY.
Artists already announced for day one of the inaugural Virgin Festival Montréal are headliners and Grammy Award-winning Black Eyed Peas, MMVA and Juno Award-winning Simple Plan, Canadian rockers Hedley, synth-pop specialists The New Cities and soul infusionist Eva Avila. Already announced to take the stage on day two are legendary pop group New Kids On The Block, multi-platinum pop soul singer Akon, alt-rockers Live, up-and-coming electro singer/songwriter Lights and R&B songstress Divine Brown. Four more artists will round out the line-up and be announced very soon.
“Virgin Festival Montréal keeps getting bigger and better. With ten amazing acts already announced, including international chart topping talent the Black Eyed Peas and New Kids on the Block, today’s eight additional artists will really kick the buzz into high gear,” said Andrew Bridge, director of Virgin Festivals. “This year’s first ever Virgin Festival in Montreal will give you the chance to see world-famous acts you already love and be introduced to some of the world’s hot up and coming talent that you might not have seen before. It’s that blend that makes Virgin Festival a completely one-of-a-kind experience that festival goers will love!”
Keep a listen out on Virgin Radio 96 and eye on www.virginfestival.ca/montreal for the latest breaking news on Virgin Festival Montréal. Fans can also keep up to date with Virgin Festival on Twitter at www.twitter.com/virginmobilecan and on the Virgin Festival Canada Facebook® fan page.
Tickets are going fast! Get in on the action and get your tickets now …
General ticket sales for two-day, one-day, and VIP Weekend tickets are available at The Bell Centre Box Office, select Future Shop locations, online at geg.ca, or futureshop.ca, and by calling (514) 790-2525, or 1-877-668-8269. Ticket information is also available at virginfestival.ca. Two-day tickets are $133.50 (including all sales taxes, $7.50 Service Charge $4 Facility Fee, and a $2 donation to Virgin Unite Canada). One-day tickets are $75 (including all sales taxes, $7.50 Service Charge, $2 Facility Fee, and a $1 donation to Virgin Unite Canada).
Want to put some VIP into your Virgin Festival experience? Kick it up a notch and party like a rock star in the Louder Lounge. This exclusive VIP area is stuffed with comfy lounge chairs, cabanas, drinks, and food to keep you relaxed and fueled up. Plus, you never know who you might rub shoulders with. Plus you get a front of the line entrance to the Festival, shorter washroom line ups and a Festival merchandise discount. Get all the details at virginfestival.ca. VIP Weekend tickets can be yours for $313.50 (including all sales taxes, $7.50 Service Charge, $4 Facility Fee and a $2 donation to Virgin Unite Canada).
Virgin Festival Facts
- 300,000 screaming fans! By the end of the summer Virgin Festival Canada is expected to be the fastest growing music festival in Canada with over 300,000 fans.
- Virgin Radio number one groupies! This year, Virgin Festival is partnering with its sister brand Virgin Radio and Astral Media to help grow the Virgin Festival buzz and spread the love with exclusive Festival news, the latest breaking artist info, and hot ticket offers.
- Virgin Festival is way more than a concert! While music takes centre stage at Virgin Festival, there’s much more happening than just that. The Festival creates on on-site experience like no other – from interactive displays and contests, a vendor village, beer gardens, special perks for Virgin Mobile customers, and way more – there is always something to keep everyone going while they’re waiting for their fave artist to take the stage.
- Raising funds for Virgin Unite! Virgin Festival also works to raise funds for Virgin Unite – the charitable arm of the Virgin Group that focuses on creating grass roots change and sustainable businesses to make a real difference for people around the world who need it most.
- Keeping the festival green! Another crucial focus for the festival is taking care of the environment. On the path to becoming as carbon-neutral as possible, Virgin Festival will provide recycling on-site, use biodegradable food and drink containers and leverage green energy sources, where possible, to power the music festival.
About Virgin Mobile
The Virgin Mobile group of companies has attracted more than 12 million customers worldwide. As the No.1 mobile youth network, Virgin Mobile Canada's mission is to be Canada’s most loved mobile company. Its simpler, better deals offer customers control, flexibility and choice to design mobile packages that truly works for them. J.D. Power and Associates ranked Virgin Mobile highest in customer satisfaction with prepaid wireless service for four years in a row and 91% of customers would recommend Virgin Mobile to a friend.
Virgin Mobile phones are available at more than 4,000 locations with top-up cards available at more than 10,000 locations nationally. Virgin Mobile products can also be purchased online at www.virginmobile.ca or by calling 1-888-999-2321.
Gillett Entertainment Group (GEG) is one of the top entertainment promoters in the world. In 2008, GEG finished in 10th position amongst the top concert promoters around the world and Bell Centre was ranked third in America (according to Pollstar magazine), reaching out to 1.5 million fans thanks to over 638 shows that were presented across Quebec, the Maritimes and Vermont.
For more information on Virgin Festival please contact:
Hill & Knowlton Canada
For more information on GEG please contact:
Gillett Entertainment Group
Get in touch