To see what Virgin Mobile's been getting up to lately, check out the media releases below. If you're a media pro and need to get in touch with us, give our Press Team a shout at 416-607-8412.
Sir Richard Branson Unveils Virgin Mobile's Revolutionary new Monthly Packages
TORONTO (ONTARIO) February 13, 2008
(TORONTO, ONTARIO) February 13, 2008 – Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Mobile Canada fired another shot in its mobile revolution today after it unveiled its new innovative and customer focused post-paid offer that lets 'you call the shots'. Named myPlan™, a range of monthly packages delivers on Virgin Mobile's promise to "take the 'con' out of contracts" and is an exciting alternative to the status quo.
During an action-packed morning in downtown Toronto, Virgin Mobile Canada founder, Sir Richard Branson, stormed the streets of Toronto in a revolutionary convoy spreading the message of mobile freedom with his team of mobile revolutionaries. The convoy finished its tour of duty at Yonge-Dundas Square where Branson took centre stage to reveal the exact details of the new plans.
“More than 16 million Canadians are currently in contracts that don’t always deliver what they want,” said Sir Richard. “People now have a chance to join a company that will treat them the way they deserve to be treated.”
“Virgin Mobile came to Canada in 2005 to shake up the mobile market and give pre-paid customers a simpler, better deal. We’ve had huge success in the pre-paid market and we’re now ready to bring the Virgin Mobile flare, much-needed simplicity and a more transparent and fairer option to post-paid customers,” added Sir Richard.
Andrew Black, president and CEO of Virgin Mobile Canada, said “We are very excited to bring Canadians a post-paid mobile service that is focused on what they really want from their mobile phone company. Virgin Mobile is proud to be able to offer its customers plans that deliver what people have come to expect and enjoy from Virgin Mobile – more freedom, more flexibility and more choice.”
“One of the most exciting innovations of our revolutionary new service is myTime™. In a North American first, Virgin Mobile customers will be able to choose the hour when their unlimited calling clock begins, rather than being told when it starts. For people who want the flexibility to choose the morning time, day time or any other time that’s right for them to make their calls, this is the perfect choice – and it’s only available with Virgin Mobile,” said Black.
Here’s what makes the “no-con contract” so different:
- myPlan™ – Plans Where You Call the Shots – Either choose the hour when your calling clock starts with myTime™ or choose unlimited local talk and text with your 5 buddies with myCrew™.
- Great Text and Data Rates – Get Unlimited Mobile Web Browsing for $7/month or 2500 texts for just $10/month.
- No Rip Offs – No activation charge, no ‘System Access Fee’, no charges to switch plans each month and no exorbitant cancellation fees.
- myVIP Membership™ – Virgin Mobile treats you like a VIP (Virgin Important Person) with the red carpet treatment you deserve. With Super Speedy Upgrades you can get your hands on the hottest phones faster than a speeding bullet. You will also get full access to our loaner phone program, jump the line for Virgin Festival tickets before anyone else, free local calling on your birthday, one hot music tone or wallpaper every month and Minute Check™ – where you can see on-line how many minutes you’ve used each month.
- Be a Do Gooder – Virgin Mobile continues its mission to champion the environment with automatic e-Bills, billing that saves paper and helps protect the planet. You can also choose to round up your bill to the nearest dollar with Common Cents™ and the extra change will go towards helping people around the world and here at home through Virgin Unite Canada.
- Hot Phones – Joining the fantastic line-up of Virgin Mobile phones are the LG Musiq and Moto Razr2; feature-packed phones at great prices that will let customers take advantage of everything Virgin Mobile offers.
“Today is a great day for Canadians as Virgin Mobile has put the customer back in the driver’s seat,” continued Black. “myPlan™ monthly packages were designed by customers for customers and as a result they are truly revolutionary and filled with the things customers wanted from their phone company without the headaches they normally get.”
Where to sign up for myPlan™ from Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile’s new offer is available starting today at select Virgin Mobile Mini-Stores across the country or by calling Virgin Mobile Customer Care at 1-866-999-4145. Beginning March 3, you can also sign up for myPlan™ at Wal-Mart, London Drugs and other retail stores across Canada. For further details on myPlan™ please visit www.virginmobile.ca.
Prices do not include taxes. All pricing and plans included in this media release are effective February 13, 2008 and subject to change without notice.
About Virgin Mobile Canada
The Virgin Mobile group of companies has attracted more than 10 million customers worldwide. As the #1 mobile youth network, Virgin Mobile Canada’s mission is to connect, entertain, and reward like nobody else. Its simpler, better deal offers customers control, flexibility, and choice to design mobile packages that truly work for them. J.D. Power and Associates ranked Virgin Mobile highest in customer satisfaction with prepaid wireless service for three years in a row, 91% of customers would recommend Virgin Mobile to a friend, and a 2007 independent survey confirmed that Virgin Mobile has the happiest customers of any of the national cell phone companies in Canada.
Virgin Mobile phones are available at more than 4,000 locations with top-up cards available at more than 10,000 locations nationally. Virgin Mobile products can also be purchased online at http://www.virginmobile.ca or by calling 1-877-662-2824.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Hill & Knowlton Canada
416-413-4695 / 416-655-8221
Virgin Mobile Canada
416-607-8412 / 647-378-8859
Get in touch