Short Privacy Notice: Virgin Mobile Canada Apps
How do Virgin Mobile Apps collect my personal information?
- When you download a Virgin Mobile App, Virgin will automatically collect your personal information through the registration process and technical information about your Device, such as your IMEI, Device Type, and mobile service provider.
- Virgin may also collect additional personal information by asking your permission during the download process or when you launch the Virgin Mobile App. Permission will be requested depending on what the Virgin Mobile App requires access to in order to function. Examples include device and app history, unique device identifier, identity, contacts, calendar, geo-location, SMS, phone, email, photos, files, microphone or Wi-Fi connection information. If you login using social network information (such as Facebook, Twitter or Google +) Virgin Mobile Apps may collect information from your social network profile data.
How do Virgin Mobile Apps use my personal information?
- Virgin Mobile Apps use your personal information in order to provide the mobile app service you request by downloading the app. This may include providing content relevant to your location (such as news or traffic applicable to you), permitting the delivery of customized information (such as the best route to your work or cottage), synching contacts, pictures or address books, or using log data and app history to remember where you stopped watching certain content.
- Virgin Mobile Apps may also use your personal information in order to troubleshoot problems with an app, make improvements or create analytics reports.
How do Virgin Mobile Apps disclose my personal information?
- Personal Information and technical/Device information may be shared with other Virgin companies, suppliers and third-party service providers but not for marketing purposes.
What controls do I have over my personal information?
- You may permit or decline access to your personal information through the permissions process when the Virgin Mobile App is launched. Note that if you decline access the Virgin Mobile App may not function properly.
- You may adjust your permissions for each Virgin Mobile App in the “Settings” icon on your Device.
- You may delete or not use the Virgin Mobile App if you do not want the app to collect, use or disclose your personal information as described.