Protect your bundle of joy.
SmartCare plans extend your new device's warranty and let you relax, knowing you won’t have to pay for the full replacement value of your device if something happens. Plus, you can choose your level of protection. Play safe.
Heads-up! Virgin Mobile SmartCare Plus and Virgin Mobile SmartCare Premium are currently not available in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Here are the levels of protection for the type of device you've got:
|Price Per Month||-||$6/mo.
Mobile phones & select Smartphones
"Phones" or "Smartphones" under the
Mobile phones, & select Smartphones & Tablets
"Phones", "Smartphones" or "Tablets" under the Virgin Mobile SmartCare Terms and Conditions
Premium select Smartphones & Tablets
"Premium Select Smartphones" or "Premium Tablets" under the Virgin Mobile SmartCare Terms and Conditions
within 12 months
beyond 12 months
|Lost or Stolen||-||-||YES||YES|
|Normal wear & tear||-||-||YES||YES|
|SERVICE REPLACEMENT FEES||-||Up to $150||Up to $150||Up to $399|
|NUMBER OF REPLACEMENTS||-||2 maximum||2 maximum||2 maximum|
Good to know:
- SmartCare plans cover one phone, tablet or data stick per account, and gets you up to two replacements.
- SIM cards or accessories (like batteries and chargers) aren't covered. Find out how much your service replacement fee will be.
- The cost of a replacement of a device ranges from $50 up to $399 depending on the device. Shipping fees might apply.
How does SmartCare work?
For manufacturer's defects in the first 12 months:
Head to your closest Virgin Mobile Service Lounge or call us at 1-888-999-23211-888-999-2321 to get help. We've got a loaner program available. A deposit and some shipping charges might apply.
To use your SmartCare Plan:
Give us a call at 1.866.213.2143. We'll ship a replacement to you in about one-two business days, but it might be up to 10 days if you live in a rural area. Shipping charges might apply.
We'll try our best to send you the same make and model you've already got. We might send you a like-new phone, tablet or data stick of the same or a comparable model. Because of this, we can't guarantee that the colour, features or accessory compatibility will be the same. If you use a SIM card with your device and you take it out to use with another device, the second device doesn't become covered by SmartCare.
How to sign-up
The best time to sign up for SmartCare is when you activate or upgrade to a new phone, tablet or data stick. Alternatively you can come back to Virgin Mobile store within 30 days of signing up with us and add SmartCare. We just need to make sure your phone isn't already broken as previously damaged or defective phones aren't eligible for SmartCare.
Service replacement fee:
Heads-up! Before SmartCare covers your phone, you'll need to make at least one phone call or use at least 1 KB of data. SmartCare isn't available on Prepaid Plans and doesn't cover SIM cards, batteries, chargers or any other accessories.
Got questions about SmartCare? We can help.
What do I do when I receive my replacement?
- Return the defective device within 5 business days of receiving your replacement (unless it's lost or stolen) with the prepaid waybill and box that we'll send to you. Defective devices won't be returned to you.
- If you don't send the defective device back to us within 5 business days, there'll be a $100 recovery charge for a phone or data stick a $300 recovery charge for a smartphone and a $400 charge for Premium Select – Smartphone such as Apple iPhone 6S.
- If we've replaced a device and its failure isn't covered under SmartCare, there'll be a $100 charge for a phone or data stick a $300 charge for a smartphone and a $400 charge for a Premium Select – Smartphone such as Apple iPhone 6S.
Can I transfer my info to my new phone?
Totally. Make sure all data and apps that you've installed are backed up so that you can just switch them over to your new phone when you get it. Check out your phone's user guide for help on how to transfer.
What happens if I don't hook up SmartCare?
SmartCare is totally optional. You don't need to have it to hook up a phone or internet stick with us. Without it, you might be responsible for the total replacement cost of your device if it's damaged, stolen, lost or is determined to be defective after the manufacturer's standard warranty period.
What if I want to cancel my SmartCare plan?
You can cancel SmartCare anytime without any extra charges.