MEDIA RELEASE ARCHIVES
To see what Virgin Mobile's been getting up to lately, check out the media releases below. If you're a media pro and need to get in touch with us, give our Press Team a shout at 416-607-8412.
Mobile TV from Virgin Mobile gets renewed and revamped
TORONTO (ONTARIO) March 8, 2012
To tweet this release: https://twitter.com/
The new Mobile TV service packs a killer line-up. Virgin Mobile Members get 26 live TV channels including TSN, MTV, CTV, CTV Two and more! Plus with some hot new features, Members won’t have to worry about missing a minute of TSN’s NCAA March Madness coverage, their fave shows or the latest goss on the soaps. Upgraded Mobile TV features include:
- Easy-to-browse new TV schedule and calendar
- Simultaneous program browsing while watching a show
- Customizable alerts so you can get reminders for the shows you don’t want to miss
“Mobile TV has been a great addition to our Virgin Mobile line-up, but now the experience is getting even better for Android and iOS users! There’s no excuse for missing your fave moments on TV now,” said Andrew Bridge, Managing Director, Virgin Mobile Canada. “Members have the power of prime time right in the palm of their hand. I’ve already programmed my week on Mobile TV with alerts for Grimm, The Voice and Whitney!”
Virgin Mobile’s Prime Time Picks For March
Trying to decide what to watch? The TV buffs at Virgin Mobile have hand-picked some of the season’s hottest shows! Here’s a few of the latest shows that are worth setting an alert for:
- Finding the next superstar: As last season’s top new reality program, THE VOICE is back for another season to find America’s next talented singer. Join celebrity judges Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine on Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on CTV as they build their teams and search for that special voice to win it all!
- Broadway lovers rejoice: So many artists have dreams of making it big on Broadway. On Mondays at 10 p.m. ET on CTV, SMASH gives viewers a glimpse into the highlights and the lowlights of what it takes to make it on “The Great White Way.”
- Online secrets exposed: Tune in on Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. ET on MTV and join the panel of social media experts as they creep through the virtual lives of three different social media addicts on MTV CREEPS.
- If you love a good soap: GCB, the soap returns to Dallas in this wicked new drama that shows that you can go home again... but only if you're ready to face the sins of your past. Catch the new drama starring Leslie Bibb, Annie Potts, and Canada’s David James Elliott Sundays at 10 p.m. ET on CTV.
- For the suspense addict: It’s a race against time as Becca Winstone travels to Europe to track down her missing son in the series premiere of MISSING starring Ashley Judd. Don’t miss the series premiere at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15 on CTV.
- Basketball fans unite: March is the time to get mad! Starting March 15 on TSN and TSN2, MARCH MADNESS kick off a month of the hottest NCAA basketball teams competing head to head to earn their shot at the April 2nd National Championship Game in New Orleans.
The new Mobile TV app is now available in the iTunes App store and the Google Play Store. Members can hook up to Mobile TV for an all-inclusive $5 for 5 hours of data for TV viewing without touching your data plan. For more info on how Members can hook up with Mobile TV and a list of compatible smartphones, check out www.virginmobile.ca/mobiletv.
About Virgin Mobile Canada
Virgin Mobile Canada rewards, entertains and connects like no one else, delivering the hottest phones on the hottest 4G network. Virgin Mobile Members also get access to must-see events, global roaming and award-winning service. 91percent of Members would also recommend Virgin Mobile to a friend.
The Virgin Mobile group of companies has attracted more than 15 million customers worldwide. Virgin Mobile phones are available at more than 4,000 locations nationally including The Source, Virgin Mobile retail locations and additional retail partners. Virgin Mobile products can also be purchased online or by calling 1-888-999-2321. Get personal with Virgin Mobile Canada on Facebook and Twitter.
Shannon Mitchell, Hill & Knowlton
Get in touch