MEDIA RELEASE ARCHIVES
To see what Virgin Mobile's been getting up to lately, check out the media releases below. If you're a media pro and need to get in touch with us, give our Press Team a shout at 416-607-8412.
FALL IN LOVE WITH MOBILE TV AND THE LATEST PRIME TIME SHOWS
TORONTO (ONTARIO) September 20, 2011
To tweet this release: https://twitter.com/
Available on a wide range of Virgin Mobile smartphones, the killer line-up of new prime time content from CTV and CTV Two is a stellar addition to Virgin Mobile’s current line-up, which is already jam-packed with sports, comedy, music and entertainment programming ready to watch on the super-fast 4G network.
“The latest shows live from CTV and CTV Two are an awesome addition to the Mobile TV schedule – I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to see how Chaz takes the lead on Dancing with the Stars,” said Andrew Bridge, Director of Brand & Communications, Virgin Mobile Canada. “It’s super easy for Members to tune in to their favourite prime time shows – you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll love your mobile phone for it!”
Virgin Mobile’s Prime Time Picks for Fall
The beefed up mobile content from Bell Media includes a ton of new live content from CTV and CTV Two, while continuing to bring you the latest from MTV, TSN, TSN2, The Comedy Network and more!
Here are some of the top picks that Virgin Mobile recommends tuning in to:
- Get some relationship advice: Based on her personal experiences, WHITNEY is a weekly romp highlighting what works and what doesn’t in a long-term relationship. Check out tonight’s premiere at 9:30 p.m. ET on CTV before the show moves to its regular 8:30 p.m. Thursday slot starting Sept. 29 on CTV.
- Dance the night away: From Kristen Cavallari to David Arquette, the stars are back and ready to rhumba on DANCING WITH THE STARS. All 12 couples will dance for the first time on live national television tonight at 8 p.m. ETon CTV Two. Then tomorrow night, the show makes the move to its home on CTV for a special episode titled "Meet the Cast" airing at 8 p.m. ET, followed immediately by the first live results episode of the season at 9 p.m. ET.
- Exhausted parents unite: Lorne Michael's new comedy UP ALL NIGHT, starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett, tracks the hilarious misadventures of new parents, Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET on CTV Two.
- The doctor drama we can’t get enough of: Catch up with your favourite doctors on Thursdays with Canada's #1 drama GREY'S ANATOMY at 9 p.m.ET on CTV, beginning September 22.
- Spy meets beauty: CHARLIE'S ANGELS, the reboot of the 1970s TV series, premiering Thursday, Sept. 22 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV.
- For those who love to travel first class: Check out PAN AM, starring Christina Ricci, Kelli Garner, Margot Robbie and Montreal-native Karine Vanasse on Sundays at 10 p.m. ET on CTV beginning September 25 to see a time when flying wasn't always about long lines and arduous security checks.
- When you want to get real: Follow along with seven strangers who get a reality check as they move in to the REAL WORLD: SAN DIEGO on Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 10 p.m. ET on MTV.
Signing up is super-easy: Members can hook Mobile TV up from the Media Player icon on select smartphones and plug into one of our handy Mobile TV packages. For more info on Virgin Mobile’s prime time range of Mobile TV, check out www.virginmobile.ca/mobiletv.
About Virgin Mobile Canada
Virgin Mobile Canada rewards, entertains and connects like no one else, delivering the hottest phones on the hottest 4G network. Virgin Mobile Members also get access to must-see events, global roaming and award-winning service. 91 percent of Members would also recommend Virgin Mobile to a friend.
The Virgin Mobile group of companies has attracted more than 15 million customers worldwide. Virgin Mobile phones are available at more than 4,000 locations nationally including The Source, Virgin Mobile retail locations and additional retail partners. Virgin Mobile products can also be purchased online at www.virginmobile.ca or by calling 1-888-999-2321. Get personal with Virgin Mobile Canada on Facebook at facebook.com/virginmobilecan and Twitter at twitter.com/virginmobilecan.
Shannon Mitchell, Hill & Knowlton
Erica Faltous, Virgin Mobile Canada
Get in touch