How to use this tool
- Input regular expressions in the text area to exclude certain URLs from the Sitemap.
- Click on Create Sitemap to generate the Sitemap.
- Review the newly cerated sitemap in the Preview area.
- If further changes are needed adjust your list of regular expressions and re-create the Sitemap.
- When you are happy, click Notify Google or Notify Bing to alert the search engines that a new Sitemap has been created.
Help With Regular Expressions
This tool uses Java regular expression to determine which URLs should not be included in the sitemap.
Java regular expression tutorial
- Exclude the whole members lounge directory: '/members-lounge/'
- Exclude any url containing the word 'en': 'en'
- Exclude any url with the numbers 0-9: [0-9]
- Match any character with any number of repeats: .*
- Match any file ending in '.html': .*\.html$ Note: We use backslash to escape the special meaning of the '.' character.